A Culture You Can Live With
Join our team of highly respected artists and artisans.
Role: Landscape Architect/Designer
What You’ll Do:
The Landscape Architect/Designer is a key role that takes the spark of a creative idea for a client’s dream landscape and formulates a conceivable plan to bring that dream to life. In this role, you’ll collaborate with all departments, from start to finish, to fulfill the design and installation of projects to the highest possible standards.
How You’ll Do It:
- You’ll develop designs by using hand graphics and computer-generated drafts and contribute to residential and commercial landscape designs and drafting.
- You’ll support design, preproduction, sales, and construction teams with all phases of a project.
- You’ll work closely with the design and construction teams to explore permits, zoning, building codes, applications, and required documents.
- You’ll research product materials – weight calculations, construction methods, cost comparisons, etc. – and prepare plans to assist the estimating team for bid and proposal development.
What Success in This Role Looks Like:
- You can communicate and coordinate clearly and professionally, both internally and externally, across all mediums to achieve high standards, excellent working relationships, and designs that exceed the client’s expectations.
- You can assist in assist in surveying, site inventory, and analysis to ensure design intent is followed through the entire installation phase.
- You’re able and willing to travel to job sites, offices, and meetings to resolve concerns and further develop the design as needed. Occasional time outside of normal business hours may be required.
Skills and Experience You Offer:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture with a focus on design.
- Illinois and/or Wisconsin Landscape Architect licensure is a plus.
- You possess a valid local driver’s license, a driving record in good standing, and have your own transportation to job sites.
- You’re proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Suite; strong hand graphics and Lumion 11 Pro experience are a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of plant materials and hardscapes as well as the practical application of the technical construction aspects of high-end landscape installation for residential and commercial properties.
- You can communicate in fluent English including reading, writing, speaking, and use of electronic platforms.
- Comprehensive Group Medical Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Cafeteria 125 Program
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
We’re committed to developing an inclusive and ethical environment that values diversity and equality. We welcome all candidates of any age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental ability to apply. Our company culture is based on the idea that individuals of all backgrounds can come together as a team dedicated to quality, creativity, and respect.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. This employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas.