If you prefer, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Scott Byron & Co. Landscape Designer has the exciting opportunity to work within all areas of the company – sales, estimating, construction and property improvement – to ensure projects are designed and installed to the highest possible standards. They must be extremely creative, project-orientated and client-focused with a wide range of skills, from graphic design to general communication.
- Support Landscape Designers, Surveyor, and Architects with all phases of a project.
- Hand graphic and computer-generated design support.
- Create with AutoCAD, Adobe, Microsoft, and SketchUp.
- Research product materials for information regarding weight calculations, construction methods, cost comparisons, etc.
- Assist in surveying, site inventory and analysis.
- Assist designers with permits including city code research, calculations, and applications.
- Contribute to residential and commercial landscape designs and drafting.
- Communicate with Sales and Estimating teams, Project Managers, Subcontractors, and Clients to develop a design that meets the client’s needs and wants.
- Work with Project Managers and Subcontractors to ensure design intent is followed through the entire installation phase. Meet on-site and in-office to work through construction details, problem solving on-site issues, and any other design components.
- Drive to jobsites to assist surveyor / designer to measure and analyze the site to evaluate it based on the project criteria.
- Communicate and meet with subcontractors and clients as needed for project development (occasional evening meetings, but generally during office hours).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture or Horticulture with a focus on design required and three or more years related experience and/or training.
- Licensure as a Landscape Architect or intention to obtain licensure in Illinois and/or Wisconsin is a plus.
- Strong understanding and practical application of the technical construction aspects of high-end landscape installation.
- Knowledge of plant materials and hardscape.
- Proficient in AutoCAD is required, experience in SketchUP, Photoshop, and InDesign is a plus.
- Strong hand graphics is a plus.
- Candidates must have a valid local driver’s license and good driving record.
- Has own transportation to participate in jobsite activities.
- Comprehensive Group Medical Coverage
- Profit Sharing
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Cafeteria 125 Program Voluntary Insurances: Dental, Supplemental Life Insurance, Long-term and Short-term Disability
If you prefer, you may email your resume to email@example.com.