A Culture You Can Live With
Join our team of highly respected artists and artisans.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
- Business Development (Lake Bluff)
- Landscape Architect/Designer (Lake Bluff)
- Client Relations Manager (Lake Bluff | Chicago. | Wisconsin)
- Construction Project Manager (Lake Bluff | Wisconsin)
- Maintenance Field Manager (Lake Bluff | Chicago | Wisconsin)
- Construction Foreman (Lake Bluff. | Wisconsin)
- Maintenance Site Supervisor (Lake Bluff | Chicago | Wisconsin)
- Crew Driver Laborer (Lake Bluff | Chicago. | Wisconsin)
- Laborer (Lake Bluff | Chicago. | Wisconsin)
Role: Crew Driver Laborer
What You’ll Do:
The laborer is the essential supporting role of landscaping. In this position, you’ll safely perform yardwork, site landscape construction, landscape installation, and landscape maintenance duties, as directed, while also being responsible for driving company vehicles to and from work sites.
How You Do It:
- You’ll perform assigned duties directed by the site supervisor or foreman including field and yard work and loading and unloading equipment and material.
- You’ll drive a company commercial vehicle transporting crew members and equipment.
- Maintenance: You’ll safely carry out landscape maintenance services including mowing, trimming, pruning, seeding, raking, fertilizing, aerating, and other tasks.
- Construction: You’ll safely complete landscape construction work including planting, mulching, grading and bed preparation, removing and transplanting, building retaining walls, installing sod and drainage, site developing, and other construction undertakings.
What Success in This Role Looks Like:
- You’re able to drive every day in a commercial company vehicle with or without transporting crews and materials.
- You can work safely in a team environment to produce high-quality landscapes.
- You’re a strong communicator and can resolve issues, safety concerns, and problems to your supervisor promptly.
- You’ll develop an understanding of clients’ needs and ensure they’re met to the company’s standards of excellence.
- You’ll assist your supervisor with all phases of daily tasks to ensure on-time delivery of all contracted work.
- You’ll support your crew members by committing to safety measures, cleanliness of job sites, attention to detail, and performing preventative maintenance of equipment.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- You have experience in the landscape industry or a related position.
- You’re knowledgeable in landscape construction, installation, and maintenance.
- You’re able to lift at least 75 pounds and perform physical fieldwork as directed by a supervisor.
- You’re 21+ years of age.
- You possess a valid local driver’s license and a driving record in good standing.
- You can pass a DOT medical physical according to DOT guidelines.
- You pass a post-offer drug screening and (ongoing) period screenings in observance of DOT guidelines.
- You can communicate in fluent Spanish English including reading, writing, speaking, and use of electronic platforms.
We’re committed to developing an inclusive and ethical environment that values diversity and equality. We welcome all candidates of any age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental ability to apply. Our company culture is based on the idea that individuals of all backgrounds can come together as a team dedicated to quality, creativity, and respect.