A Culture You Can Live With
Join our team of highly respected artists and artisans.
Role: Project Accountant
About Scott Byron & Co.
Scott Byron & Co. is a landscape design-build firm dedicated to a client-centered approach for every outdoor design project. We create, cultivate, and curate art in harmony with nature to transform outdoor spaces to last a lifetime. For over 39 years, our firm has continued to celebrate a longstanding reputation for creating elegant, luxurious, and highly personalized environments.
Project Accountant Role:
The Project Accountant is responsible for ensuring that construction project & maintenance billings are accurately issued to customers and payments collected. This position is also responsible for designing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures for the company’s billing and revenue cycle to maximize cash flow while maintaining and improving internal and external customer relations.
Why Join Scott Byron & Co.
- We focus on giving teammates the freedom to make decisions – without micromanagement. We want team members to feel appreciated and heard while growing themselves and the company.
- We continually build, develop, and invest in our talented team members, allowing us to deliver our client’s dreams in every market we serve.
- We focus on culture; we even have a committee for it! We value authenticity, imagination, equality, fearlessness, and exceptionalism.
- We offer hybrid working and the freedom to make decisions.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Review and process subcontracts, subcontract change orders
- Ensure proper payments to all subcontractors and major suppliers
- Ensure proper distribution, retrieval, and reconciliation of progress billings.
- Ensure proper billing for various services, including monthly maintenance contracts.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare pre-billing reports for project managers to review.
- Review and correct contract change orders to ensure invoices are prepared in accordance with client contract.
- Communicate with client relations managers, sales support, project managers, purchasing, and other operations staff to coordinate revisions and adjustments promptly.
- Establish and maintains accounts receivable files and other financial records.
- Process cash receipts.
- Respond to client billing inquiries.
- Analyze past due accounts and initiates collection efforts verbally or in writing.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Participate in month-end closing activities.
- Working within BOSS LM and Sage 300.
Skills and Experience You Offer:
- Believe in a growth mindset, open to change and idea-sharing.
- Contribute to company culture through our mission statement and core values.
- Bachelor’s degree in preferably Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Comprehensive Group Medical Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Cafeteria 125 Program
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
We’re committed to developing an inclusive and ethical environment that values diversity and equality. We welcome all candidates of any age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental ability to apply. Our company culture is based on the idea that individuals of all backgrounds can come together as a team dedicated to quality, creativity, and respect.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. This employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas.