A Culture You Can Live With
Join our team of highly respected artists and artisans.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
- Human Resources Director (Lake Bluff)
- Director of Sales (Lake Bluff)
- Design Consultant (Lake Bluff)
- Landscape Architect/Designer (Lake Bluff)
- Client Relations Manager (Lake Bluff | Chicago. | Wisconsin)
- Construction Project Manager (Lake Bluff | Wisconsin)
- Maintenance Field Manager (Lake Bluff | Chicago | Wisconsin)
- Construction Foreman (Lake Bluff. | Wisconsin)
- Maintenance Site Supervisor (Lake Bluff | Chicago | Wisconsin)
- Crew Driver Laborer (Lake Bluff | Chicago. | Wisconsin)
- Laborer (Lake Bluff | Chicago. | Wisconsin)
Role: Human Resources Director
Why Join Scott Byron & Co.
- We focus on giving teammates the freedom to make decisions – without micromanagement. We want team members to feel appreciated and heard while growing themselves and the company.
- We continually build, develop, and invest in our talented team members; allowing us to deliver our client’s dream in every market we serve.
- We focus on culture; lead by our culture committee. We value authenticity, imagination, equality, fearlessness, and exceptionalism.
- We offer hybrid working and the freedom to make decisions.
- A full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life and Vision benefits. As well as paid holidays and vacations, Flexible Spending Account, Long Term Disability Insurance, Supplemental Term Life Insurance, 401(k) and more!
- A casual work environment – no suits or ties here.
Do What You Enjoy
- Lead and motivate team members to reach goals.
- Help others to find solutions and educate.
- Strategize to find efficient workflows.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the organizations’ goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administer or oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Responsible for maintaining payroll system(s); oversee and supervise the payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
- Identify staffing and recruiting needs; develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Monitor and ensure the organizations’ compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
What Success in This Role Looks Like
- You are part of a team that will carry on the Scott Byron & Co. legacy.
- You will have the autonomy to outline your strategy, develop your level of knowledge and learning, take risks, and have fun!
- Create a work-life balance.
Skills and Experience You Offer
- Believe in a growth mindset, open to change, and idea-sharing.
- Strong people management and leadership skills in order to hire, develop, and inspire the creative team.
- Contribute to company culture through our mission statement and core values.
- At least five years of human resource management experience is required. SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP is highly preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Comprehensive Group Medical Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Cafeteria 125 Program
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
We’re committed to developing an inclusive and ethical environment that values diversity and equality. We welcome all candidates of any age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental ability to apply. Our company culture is based on the idea that individuals of all backgrounds can come together as a team dedicated to quality, creativity, and respect.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. This employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas.