A Culture You Can Live With
Join our team of highly respected artists and artisans.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
- Design Consultant (Lake Bluff)
- Landscape Architect/Designer (Lake Bluff)
- Client Relations Manager (Lake Bluff | Chicago. | Wisconsin)
- Construction Project Manager (Lake Bluff | Wisconsin)
- Maintenance Field Manager (Lake Bluff | Chicago | Wisconsin)
- Construction Foreman (Lake Bluff. | Wisconsin)
- Maintenance Site Supervisor (Lake Bluff | Chicago | Wisconsin)
- Crew Driver Laborer (Lake Bluff | Chicago. | Wisconsin)
- Laborer (Lake Bluff | Chicago. | Wisconsin)
Role: Design Consultant
About Scott Byron & Co. Scott Byron & Co. is a landscape design build firm dedicated to a client-centered approach for every outdoor design project. We create, cultivate, and curate art in harmony with nature to transform outdoor spaces to last a lifetime. For over 38 years, our firm celebrates a longstanding reputation for creating environments that are elegant, luxurious, and highly personalized.
Design Consultant Role
Do you have a passion for landscape design? Do you like making dreams come true?
As a Design Consultant at Scott Byron & Co., you will work with a fun, dynamic team, who values each other. Working together, our passion is to make clients’ dreams become reality through business development, design, and production. You will mentor with talented designers and landscape architects, including Scott Byron himself, and collaborate with industry professionals in project management, procurement, and production.
Why Join Scott Byron & Co.
- We focus on giving teammates the freedom to make decisions – without micromanagement. We want team members to feel appreciated and heard while growing themselves and the company.
- We continually build, develop, and invest in our talented team members; allowing us to deliver our client’s dream in every market we serve.
- We focus on culture; we even have a committee for it! We value authenticity, imagination, equality, fearlessness, and exceptionalism.
- We offer hybrid working and the freedom to make decisions.
- A full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life and Vision benefits. As well as paid holidays and vacations, Flexible Spending Account, Long Term Disability Insurance, Supplemental Term Life Insurance, 401(k) and more!
- A casual work environment – no suits or ties here.
Do What You Enjoy
- Create projects with fearless design.
- Visualize your clients’ dream.
- Build lasting relationships with clients who appreciate your talent.
- Continue to grow by collaborating with an experienced and talented design studio.
- Enjoy projects from design concept through installation.
- Create your legacy.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Grow your network by developing new client relationships, through industry associations and networking partners.
- Work with clients as true partners to create outdoor spaces, reflecting their personality and lifestyle.
- Utilize various software suites such as AutoCAD, Sketchup, and BOSS to design, estimate and present proposals.
- Collaborate with internal support teams like preproduction, design, construction, maintenance, procurement, etc. to achieve your clients’ dream landscape.
What Success in This Role Looks Like
- You are part of a team that will carry on the Scott Byron & Co. legacy.
- You will have the autonomy to outline your strategy, develop your level of knowledge and learning, take risks, and have fun!
- Develop a loyal network of clients and peers.
- Create a work life balance.
Skills and Experience You Offer
- Believe in a growth mindset, open to change and idea sharing.
- Contribute to company culture through our mission statement and core values.
- A bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture with a focus on design, 3+ years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced in business development in the landscape industry.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Suite required.
- Comprehensive Group Medical Coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Cafeteria 125 Program
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
We’re committed to developing an inclusive and ethical environment that values diversity and equality. We welcome all candidates of any age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental ability to apply. Our company culture is based on the idea that individuals of all backgrounds can come together as a team dedicated to quality, creativity, and respect.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. This employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas.